Generous giving resources the mission and ministry of the Church and fosters distinctive Christian lifestyles that enable others to be touched by the overflowing generosity of God. St Michael’s and St Mary’s together cost over £2000 a week to run. A fuller breakdown of costs and income can be seen in our budget. Could you make a contribution to help fund our work of care and teaching, as well as the preservation of our historic buildings?
- The best means of giving to St Michael’s and St Marys is through the Parish Giving Scheme. This is a Direct Debit scheme which passes on Gift Aid straight to the parish so is ideal for cashflow. To join the Parish Giving Scheme or to enquire further, please email our Regular Giving Officer Kath Teal.
- If you wish to make a one-off donation by BACS, please send to:’St Michaels St Albans Parochial Church Gift Aid‘ account
Sort Code – 77-95-20
Account number – 75676160
- We’d be grateful if you could mark your transfer as ‘church donation [and your name if you wish]‘; this will assist with our bank reconciliation. Do also notify our Regular Giving Officer Kath Teal if your donation qualifies for Gift Aid.
- Security procedures at some donors’ banks will double-check that you want to make a payment and/or query the accuracy of the above BACs information. The account name, number and sort code are correct! – you may need to override your bank’s over-attentiveness. If needed, please click here for additional guidance from Treasurer Nigel Voyce.
- Cheques may be sent to the Parish Office at the Vicarage, St Michael’s Street, St Albans, AL3 4SL. Please make payable ‘The PCC of the Ecclesiastical Parish of St Michael, St Albans’.
- Gift Aid allows UK taxpayers to increase their donation by twenty five pence for every pound given, at no extra cost to you or us. If you are eligible, please complete a Gift Aid Declaration.
- If you wish to make a donation through payroll giving, please contact Georgie Ray in the Parish Office: 01727 835037.
- If you wish to explore donating for a specific ministry or project, including by legacy or in memoriam, please speak in confidence with the vicar, Kenneth Padley.
- Volunteers offer time and talents throughout the year. If you have skills to offer, please contact the Wardens Steph Rainbow and Val Chiesa.
During the coronavirus outbreak, we are conscious that some of our regular donors are experiencing significant income shock or employment uncertainty and will need to adjust their giving to church accordingly. We also urge everyone at the present to give a high priority to schemes which support the most vulnerable in society. This includes our partnership with FEED Foodbank, details of which can be found on our corona webpage. In addition, we are very grateful to those who have been asking about how they can change their method or level of giving to St Michael’s and St Mary’s in response to the present emergency. Some will be in the fortunate position of enjoying a relatively fixed income and reduced outgoings because of the lockdown. If this is you, and/or if you are looking to help church in a new way, please show your support using the details above.
Thank you so much for your support and generosity.