The Parish of St Michael, St Albans with St Mary, Childwick Green
Welcome to the Parish of St Michael, St Albans with St Mary, Childwick Green: two Christian communities, part of the Church of England, worshipping and serving Jesus in St Albans, Hertfordshire.
To display a map to find us please click
St Michael's Heating Project
The heating contractors will be starting on site on Monday 8th September and plan to complete the renewal of the heating system by 27th October. There will inevitably be some disruption while the
work is in progress. This is an unavoidable and urgent project. The interim arrangements are:
SundaysWorship at 8.00am and 9.30am will be held in church as usual.
- Please remember to wear warm clothes as the autumn temperatures drop. If it becomes very cold worship may be conducted in the school hall.
- Readers and intercessors please note that there will be no sound amplification, so voice projection will be important. Prayers will be
read from the front of the church.
- Much of the work will be focussed in the tower room and the adjacent area. Small children may be relocated during services
elsewhere in the church.
- Morning Prayer and the communion service before Lunch Club on 9th September and 14th October will be held in the vicarage.
Please ring on the front door!
- The Wednesday school service will be held in Top School.
- Wednesday communion will commence at 10.00am in the Parish Centre.
- Choir practice will be held as normal in the choir vestry on Fridays and as far as the works permit, in the choir stalls on Sundays.
- Sue Dyson and Imogen Broad will be liaising with the cleaning groups.
- The church will be closed to visitors from Monday 8th September and there will be no further church watching for the rest of the season.
Rev Chris Polhill's Sermon
A copy of the sermon preached by Rev Chris Polhill on 5th October is now available on the Worship/Notable Sermons page.
Photos of the events at the Harvest Festival on 12th October 2014 and installation of the new heating system are now available. Click any image on the site to display a larger pop-up version. Recent and topical additions can be viewed on the Visit Us/Gallery 2014 page, or by
clicking HERE. Pictures for 2013 can be viewed
on the Visit Us/Gallery 2013 page, or by
St Michael's Church from the South
The Vicar Kenneth Padley with Churchwardens Graham Willey, Imogen Broad and Retiring Churchwarden Sue Dyson
A Churchwarden's Wand
The Rev'd Kenneth Padley
Georgie Ray (usually available weekdays 9.30am - 12.30pm)
St Michael's Street,
St Albans, AL3 4SL
A pictorial tour of the interior of St Michael's is now available. Photos of the surrounding area are also shown.
Click HERE to view the tour. If you drag the cursor across the screen
you will be able to see the church interior to the left, right, up, down and behind.